Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wedding Photography extended

Hey everyone! Right now I am at the start of a new project that I am very excited about. I am working on extending my wedding portfolio by creating what I hope will be unique and interesting bridal portraits. To do this I bought a wedding dress on ebay and I am using friends as models (for this shoot my sister Emily modeled). I came up with the concept seperately but after some research I found a website called trashthedress.com which focuses on similar idea. Basically my plan is to ignore the social expectations that come along with formal attire and create portraits that are fun and really capture the subjects personality despite what they are wearing. This first shoot was largely exploratory but I do feel like I got some good images and I am excited to continue editing. I am beyond excited about all of this right now!

Well here goes:









If anyone is interested I am looking for volunteers who have prom dresses or even wedding dresses (that you are done using :) ) and who want to model.... because honestly when are you going to wear that dress again and wouldn't you rather have fun, unique portraits to cherish rather than an old dress sitting in your attic collecting dust? Let me know!

0 comments: