Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hi from Ireland

So here i am in Ireland, looking at the most beautiful ocean view I have ever seen. It seriously blows my mind. I have been snapping away and my family has been very kind to let me drive around half hanging out of the car and constantly saying things like "stay there" "turn towards me" and "take 3 steps to your right." More than anything I am realizing how much I am NOT a landscape photographer. I have tons and tons of photos but very few (if any) have that spark that makes a great landscape. I have an even greater appreciation for what Cade and Frank do.

The flight here was a train wreck! It is a long story (and best told with hand gestures) but we made an emergency landing in Goosebay, Labrador. Thats in Canada (I had to look it up on a map!). The plane was fine but some woman was having heart palpations and well, it was a mess (don't feel too bad she was well enough to walk off the plane!). But when they decided to make our landing we were over the Atlantic ocean so they turned around and went back to Canada. This took and hour and then it took 5 hours to back track. THEN they landed us in Dublin rather than Shannon because the pilots can only fly for so long and we had to switch flight crews and then fly down to Shannon. So our 6 hour flight became 14 hours and we then drove to Cork which was another 3 hours and our cottage here in Tragumna was another hour past Cork. All in all we traveled for about 24 hours straight with my 76 year old grandmother.

But don't get me wrong, it was totally worth it. It is beyond amazing here.

Sunday I took a beautiful walk with my sister and my dad and we climbed down a beautiful set of cliffs and went right down to the water. That night we went out to the local pub - The Skibereen Eagle- and I had myself a guiness and then a few Bulmer's hard apple cider (amazing!) and once we were all a bit toasty we went home and had the deepest sleeps of our lives.

Yesterday we went to Mizen Head which is a lighthouse at the "corner of Ireland" and we saw baby seals sunning themselves on the rocks. This was after a few hours of getting lost which in my opinion was just as beautiful as getting to where we were going.

Today we went to Coppinger's Court which is a castle that belonged to my ancestors and burned out in the 1600's.

I will post pictures in a while when I get stuff updated. I miss you all! I am available by email!


Oh yeah, and I am moving here after college and I am getting a cow and 2 chickens (named lavern and shirley) and some sort of sheep dog.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

baby seals. sheep dog. lavern and shirley.


hellooooooooooooooo ireland.


love, america.

Beckie Moses said...

come backkkkkkk

pitchertaker said...

That sheep dog is gonna' have problems with Lavern and Shirley --you'd better get him a sheep or two. You'll need some Irish wool to keep you warm while sucking down Guiness sitting by the hearth and a roaring fire. How about a pig, you need a pig to be complete. Glad to see you had a good time -- pitchers, please.

P'taker

w said...

Maison Martin Margiela: create a sense of fashion profile of a hot topic this year will undoubtedly create a profile, the Profile Wizard to build nothing, not-MartinMargiela.MMM Design has always been an inventive exceptional tailoring, designers with an emphasis on his shoulders slightly, as if the 1980 Bellona "hard shoulder line" to pay tribute to re-break, three-dimensional cut through the jacket without shoulder pads, clear material only to the upcoming classic profilemodernization of the avant-garde for the imagination of a tubular loop shoulder has Oakley Oil Righyediacompletely changed women's lines, building a strong three-dimensional sense of providing a simple extension, but also futuristic.